Welcome to Health and Social Care
The Edexcel BTEC Level 1/Level 2 First Award in Health and Social Care has been developed to provide an engaging introduction to the sector for learners aged 14-16 years. It has been designed primarily for young people aged 14 to 19 who may wish to explore a vocational route throughout Key Stage 4, but it is also suitable for other learners who want a vocationally focused introduction to this area of study. It has been developed to:
- give learners the opportunity to gain a broad understanding and knowledge of the health and social care sector
- give learners a more focused understanding of health and social care through the selection of optional specialist units
- give learners the opportunity to develop a range of personal skills and techniques, through the selection of optional generic units that are essential for successful performance in working life
- give opportunities for learners to achieve a nationally recognised level 1/2 health and social care qualification
- support progression into a more specialised level 3 vocational or academic course or into an apprenticeship.