Year 7 Catch Up Funding
In 2017/18, a total of £32,353 was awarded for supporting students with low prior attainment at Key Stage 2. In order to support these students the money was allocated to:
- Staffing to allow for smaller sets for lower ability students
- TA hours the work with year 7
- Introduction of resources for support in the reading programme for Lexia
- Lucid Exact
- Further investment in the Accelerated Reader programme.
- Literacy and Numeracy support
In 2018/19, the following strategies are being employed to address students with low prior attainment at Key Stage 2.
- Investment in staffing to allow for smaller sets for lower ability students
- Intervention with 121 in Maths/English and Science
- Resources in Maths to stimulate engagement
- Peer and adult reading mentors
- Cross curricular enrichment sessions
- Additional literacy support including family support with Lexia